Dr. Joe Venzor and Physician Assistant Mr. Felix Barron, along with the rest of our staff, aim to provide the best service for our patients and ensure that they feel comfortable and safe while receiving treatments. Here at Southwest Allergy and Asthma Associates we work hard to offer the best in medical care to our patients in a friendly, efficient and prompt manner!
- Allergic Conjunctivitis/Eye allergies
- Allergic Rhinitis (Environmental allergy skin testing, allergy shots, rapid densitization shots, oral allergy drops)
- Asthma (Complete pulmonary function testing, nitric oxide testing, Xolair, Nucala)
- Atopic Dermatitis/Eczema (Testing, skin biopsy)
- Chronic Cough
- Contact Dermatitis (Testing available for over 80 skin care products, cosmetics, jewelry, fragrances, dyes, and dental and orthopedic implants)
- Drug Allergy (Testing to penicillins and other antibiotics, local anesthetics, steroids)
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis (Food and environmental allergen testing)
- Food Allergy (Testing available for 130 foods, dyes and preservatives, egg desensitization)
- Immune Deficiency (Testing, vaccines, antibody replacement therapies)
- Insect allergy (Testing and treatment)
- Latex allergy
- Nasal Polyps
- Sinusitis (Immune evaluation, CT Scan, nebulized antibiotics)
➤ WestSide LOCATION
5020 N. Desert Blvd., Ste. C1-B
El Paso, TX 79912
➤ EastSide LOCATION
11410 Vista Del Sol
El Paso,TX 79936
☎ Westside CONTACT
☎ Eastside CONTACT
Types of Treatments
As effective as regular allergy injections but the buildup is in one month instead of five month. Allergy injections are given during a two hour period every week for four weeks then the monthly maintenance dosage is begun. Saves about 5 months of clinic visits for injections.
Immunotherapy (the medical term for allergy shot)
This involves giving gradually increasing doses of the substance to which the person is allergic. This causes the immune system to become less sensitive to what you are allergic, probably by causing production of a "blocking" antibody, which reduces the symptoms of allergy when your exposed in the future.
This is the only treatment available that actually treats the root cause of your allergies and that has a chance to cure them instead of just controlling them like medications. Given once a week for 5 months then monthly. Every week a larger and larger amount of pollen is given to a patient.
Sublingual immunotherapy is a fancy name for oral allergy drops. The drops, which contain the allergens that you are allergic to, are taken by placing them under your tongue for a few seconds and then swallowed on a daily basis. This is the injection free way to take your immunotherapy in the comfort of your own home.
Injection free! No shots, great for children
· Done at home. No trip to the doctor’s office
· Decreases the chance of future allergies and asthma
· Can begin two months before the pollen season for patients with spring or fall allergies or used year round for chronic allergy sufferers.
Not covered by insurance in the United States, however the price is similar to most patient medication co-pays around $50 a month.